Repository navigation
Release plan - v20.x Maintenance LTS #855
Description
Activity
I can't "pin issue". Github limits the pinned issues by 3.
We could swap the pin with the v19.x one. Since v19.x is in maintenance we might decide not to do another v19.x release.
Reacted by Rafael Gonzaga, Ruy Adorno and Steven- pinned this issue
on Apr 19, 2023 @targos Looks like 20.1.0 is slated for release today. Can we expect it will appear on https://nodejs.org/en/download/current today as well or does it take a few days to show up there? I am awaiting this release because it should fix a bug with ESM loaders that I am running into (nodejs/node#47566) hence my curiosity about the release timeline. Thank you!
It's unlikely. I'm aiming for a release tomorrow, May 3.
Reacted by Tomáš Hübelbauer and Theo ParisReacted by Tomáš Hübelbauer, Eugene, silverwind and Theo ParisLooks like 20.1.0 is up for download! Thank you @targos
Although I think the Commits section on the Releases page got cut off:
https://github.com/nodejs/node/releasesMy issue of interest nodejs/node#47566 is there through the PR nodejs/node#47620 so I'm happy and ready to test. Thanks again.
Reacted by Theo ParisI'm moving the release to Monday next week (05 June)
Reacted by Rafael Gonzaga and Ruy AdornoI'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is it possible to include nodejs/node#48933 in 20.6.0? It merges cleanly as of right now.
It should be included, yeah.
Reacted by Gabriel SchulhofFWIW v20.6.0 might be delayed by one day (16-08-2023). @UlisesGascon is working on it.
Reacted by Ulises Gascón and Theo ParisFWIW v20.6.0 is delayed until Monday (21-08-2023) because we need to run CITGM/CI/V8-CI.
@nodejs/releasers folks, we need volunteers for the next v20.x release. Unfortunately, I can't prepare any release until the end of the month. Since we've just released v20.6.0, I'm pushing the v20.7.0 release date by a week (there are a bunch of commits already).
14 remaining items
I can volunteer for 20.14.0 starting at the end of this week, target date 27/28 may
Reacted by Richard LauI can volunteer for 20.15.0 for the week around 20th of June, if anyone else wants to do it
Reacted by Richard LauIf nobody else wants to I can volunteer for 10th~ of July
Reacted by Richard LauIf nobody else wants to I can volunteer for 10th~ of July
@RafaelGSS Since the security release has been delayed I guess I'll move v20.16.0 2 weeks after the security release right?
I'll prepare a release for the 1st of October
Reacted by Richard Lau and Marco IppolitoI see that the README lists 2024-10-22 as the maintenance start date of v20, but it is still marked as LTS. So what is the current state of it? It's... unsettling to not have any LTS version at the moment.
I see that the README lists 2024-10-22 as the maintenance start date of v20, but it is still marked as LTS. So what is the current state of it? It's... unsettling to not have any LTS version at the moment.
I opened #1048 last night to update the status.
Node.js 22 will become LTS on Tuesday (29 Oct) with the 22.11.0 release -- I'll merge #1049 after that release to update the README.
Reacted by lin72hIt's... unsettling to not have any LTS version at the moment.
Maintenance is still LTS.
Reacted by Richard Lau and lin72h- changed the title
[-]Release plan - v20.x Active LTS[/-][+]Release plan - v20.x Maintenance LTS[/+]on Oct 30, 2024 I can volunteer for v20.18.3 in january (end of january) if there is enough stuff to release
Reacted by Richard LauI can volunteer for the next v20.x (the require esm) targeting 13th of March
Reacted by Ruy Adorno, Filip Skokan, Shrujal Shah and Ulises GascónHey folks - is there an estimated date for the next v20 release?
Reacted by Alekhya YallaUnless someone wants to volunteer for it, I can do a release the first week of June
Reacted by Alekhya Yalla- unpinned this issue
on Oct 21, 2025
Draft schedule - all dates subject to change
Current